Tuesday 10 July 2007

Bioshock


Bioshock. Every time I hear this word, I tingle all over anticipating it to completely alter how I look at games. Bioshock. There it goes again, brrrrr. Bioshock has been in development since I don't know when (2000) and the official release date as of now is on the 12th of August 2007. Just 2 months away from now I'll be knee deep in Rapture, the fictional underwater city the game is based on. No, it is NOT Atlantis, but very similar in that it's a city far in advance technologically. Scientists, doctors, all the worlds cream of the crop once lived here. Corrupted and taken over by "Adam", a genetically enhancing substance and all hell breaks loose. Greed, power, envy all soon take place as they destroy themselves finding what was so elusive to them, and now more elusive in death. "Little Sisters" guarded by their "Big Daddy" extract it from corpses in the currently cryptic and desolate city of Rapture.


From the creators and developers of one of my favourite games of all time, System Shock 2, I have very high hopes for this and expecting really big things. Heck, I've even pre-ordered the Bioshock Collector's Edition which includes a 6" statuette of Big Daddy himself, hand painted and moulded and sets me back RM200. Wait for it yo, it's gonna rock.

Official Bioshock Site -
Bioshock
Official Bioshock Fansite - The Cult of Rapture

No comments: