Friday 25 December 2009

Christmas, The Start of Something New

It is nearly Christmas, and near the new year. We have all tried to do the best for the year, and many of us have failed, some repeatedly, some rarely. Things have changed, people have changed, some things start, some things end, but the most important thing is we tried. I tried. You're the most significant person I got to know this year, and probably will be for the foreseeable future.

You've changed how I see things, my whole perspective in life altered.

Was it so long ago when we all had hope? The economy crashed, some lost jobs, some got pay cuts, but in general we moved along. Sacrifices were made, some hastily, most after much consideration. The spirit of Christmas is lost. People give gifts expecting something in return, unlike the years past where we would be so happy just having the ability to even give! Is it truly so hard to believe that someone can do a good deed and not have an ounce of greed in them?

You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.

As Christmas rolls by, we might notice it but the new year has actually begun. We begin to plan for the new year, set goals, however outlandish they might be and work toward them. Christmas is when we start looking back on this past year and see what we have achieved, or lost.

I have lost a lot this past year, but I have to go on. You meant so much to me and although I do not to you, just knowing you're alive and healthy is more than I have hoped for. Your very existence keeps me smiling, daring myself to hope for the future. Even if there is a sliver of hope, I'm holding on to it.

Hope and love are mankind's two most basic needs we need to survive, and although you have never really gave the the latter, the former was present in abundance. The new year awaits us, and I can only hope that it gets better for here on.

No names are needed, you just know who you are =)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year girl! And to all my readers(non-existent as they may be), wish you got lots of presents to dig out from underneath the tree, and may this be a joyous occasion for everyone!

Cheers to a New Year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!